Beautiful castle in Duino.
The two castles are the main attraction. The older castle, dating back to the eleventh century, is in ruins, while the newer castle is inhabited to this day and can be visited by tourists.
Below the ruins of the ancient castle there lies a white rock projecting into the sea, the Dama Bianca, which resembles a veiled woman and gave origin to many gothic legends.
The new castle of Duino is approximately dated to about the year 1400, when the family Wallsee commanded the construction of a strong fortress. Over time, the Wallsee family disappeared and the castle, after having been used as a prison, became the residence of the Luogar and Hofer. At the end of the 19th century it became the property of Prince Alexander Johann Vincenz Rudolf Hugo Karl Lamoral Eligius von Thurn und Taxis from the Czech Branch of the House of Thurn und Taxis. It remains with the family to this day with his great-grandson Prince Carlo Alessandro della Torre e Tasso, Duke of Castel Duino the current owner. The castle has been opened to the public as a museum and park.
Why this venue:
Duino is a town in the coastal part of the municipality of Duino-Aurisina, part of the region of Friuli-Venezia Giulia in the province of Trieste, north-eastern Italy.
Duino is noted for being the place where the physicist Ludwig Boltzmann died and for inspiring the poet Rainer Maria Rilke to write his Duino Elegies.
|2010-2011 Castle Duino Ceremony on package
- Castle Duino Rental Fee
- Ceremony Days - Any day of the week
- Legal Paperwork
- Directions for obtaining legal documents required from your home country
- Handling Swiss documents & applications & all fees and taxes
- Official translations when needed
- Civil or Religious Wedding arrangement
- English Speaking Ceremony Officiator/Priest
- Ceremony Blessing
- Detailed time plan for the wedding
- SwissSE Ceremony Planning
- Off site wedding organization up to 20 Hours
- All Swiss Taxes
- Commemorative Marriage Certificate
- Private and Personalize Wedding Webpage - "Client Login"
Price: € 4,759.62 | $ 5,156.25 | £ 3,390.41
|2014-2015 On site Wedding Coordinator
On site wedding coordinator for 3 hours ( min )
- Pre-Wedding Meeting (1 Hour)
- Wedding Day presence at blessing ceremony (2 Hours)
Coordinator will also arrange:
- CD Ceremony Music at no extra charge
- Transportation in mid size car to and from ceremony venue
Each additional hour CHF 185
Price: € 817.31 | $ 885.42 | £ 582.19
|DISCOUNT for if you sign your paperwork at your home country
We have quite a few couples who do not want to go through the paperwork hassle preparation in home country for Switzerland, than come one day early and they only want to enjoy nice hassle-free ceremony we offer discount of CHF 500. Here is a recap why some couples do it:
- you dont have to travel to Swiss Embassy in your home country to place wedding application
- you dont have to arrive at least day before for pre-wedding paperwork check
- you dont have to pay the extra 1-2 hotel nights
- you dont have to go sign paperwork in the morning of the wedding or day before
Price: € 480.77 | $ 520.83 | £ 342.47