Amazing castle in Torri del Benaco - Lake Garda
The present castle at Torri del Benaco was built on the order of Antonio della Scalla in 1383 on the ruins on a previous one, dating back to the Xth century, of which the West Tower still remains.
In 1760 the second curtain wall was pulled down to make way for the Lemon Grove. The decline of the castle was ended in 1980 when the commune of Torri put in hand its complete restoration under the architect Rudi Arrigo.
The towers offer a magnificient view from the battlements over the little harbour and ancient roofs of Torri, as wellas almost the whole of the Lake from Sirmione to Limone.