Wonderful castle with a magnificent view of the Alps and the famous Eiger, Mönch & Jungfrau mountains.
Nestled in beautiful parkland and situated directly on Lake Thun, Schadau Castle offers magnificent views of the Alps and the famous Eiger, Mönch & Jungfrau mountains. A visit to the castle is a highlight of any trip. Enjoy the opportunity to relax and be pampered, to marvel at the beautiful surroundings and to learn about our local history.
Built between 1847 and 1854, Schadau Castle is one of the most architecturally important and beautiful castles in Switzerland. Both its interior and exterior are listed with the heritage association. Let the baroque charm and modern spirit of this enchanting house carry you away to a fairy tale world.
Why this venue:
The entire Arts team are proud to spoil you with excellent gourmet cuisine and personal, friendly service in our award-winning 14 Gault Millau point restaurant.
- Civil wedding services may be held at Schadau Castle on given dates from April to October. The Civil Registrar for the Municipality of Oberland West will marry couples in our magnificent drawing room with balcony and view of Lake Thun and the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains!
- For many couples, a "real" wedding includes a trip to the altar. Church weddingsmay be held in historic Scherzlingen Church, right next to Schadau Castle.
- Individual weddings - a old proverb says that love is a heavenly power. Many couples choose to take their vows before God, but prefer to organize the ceremony themselves.
- weddings available from May – October
Capacity: depends on the venue
For the wedding ceremony, an officiator will conduct the ceremony. Extra decorations, seating, and live music available upon request for an additional charge.
2010-2011 Schadau Castle Ceremony only package
- Schadau Castle Rental Fee
- Ceremony Days - Any day of the week
- Legal Paperwork
- Directions for obtaining legal documents required from your home country
- Handling Swiss documents & applications & all fees and taxes
- Official translations when needed
- Civil or Religious Wedding arrangement
- English Speaking Ceremony Officiator/Priest
- Ceremony Blessing
- Detailed time plan for the wedding
- SwissSE Ceremony Planning
- Off site wedding organization up to 20 Hours
- All Swiss Taxes
- Commemorative Marriage Certificate
- Private and Personalize Wedding Webpage - "Client Login"
Price: 5,150.00 CHF | € 4,951.92 | $ 5,364.58 | £ 3,527.40
2014-2015 On Site Wedding Coordinator
On site wedding coordinator for 3 hours ( min )
- Pre-Wedding Meeting (1 Hour)
- Wedding Day presence at blessing ceremony (2 Hours)
Coordinator will also arrange:
- CD Ceremony Music at no extra charge
- Transportation in mid size car to and from ceremony venue
Each additional hour CHF 185
Price: 850.00 CHF | € 817.31 | $ 885.42 | £ 582.19
DISCOUNT for if you sign your paperwork at your home country
We have quite a few couples who do not want to go through the paperwork hassle preparation in home country for Switzerland, than come one day early and they only want to enjoy nice hassle-free ceremony we offer discount of CHF 500. Here is a recap why some couples do it:
- you dont have to travel to Swiss Embassy in your home country to place wedding application
- you dont have to arrive at least day before for pre-wedding paperwork check
- you dont have to pay the extra 1-2 hotel nights
- you dont have to go sign paperwork in the morning of the wedding or day before
Price: 500.00 CHF | € 480.77 | $ 520.83 | £ 342.47