Enjoy a good glass of wine in this amazing castle, close to Merano.
Enjoy a good glass of wine made out of Europe’s oldest vine ever
Not far from Merano, on a colourful hill near to Tesimo, towers Katzenzungen Castle.
A 32 m long stony bridge leads you inside the mighty walls, testifying to a glorious but tormented past. First written documents date back to the year 1244. The castle had numerous owners, from Henricus de Cazenzunge to the Lords of Fink and the Counts of Thun. Only recently - that is in 1978 - Ernst Pobitzer renovated the renaissance-style castle.
Why this venue:
Wine enthusiasts might go for a guided visit followed by a refined wine tasting, as here you will find the oldest and biggest vine in all of Europe. By the way: It features an age of 350 years!
- Blessing Ceremonies Only Possible
- Beautiful Outdoor Ceremony
- Indoor Option for Bad Weather
- Wedding Ceremony and Cocktail and Reception
- Reception and Accommodation available at the chateau
Capacity: up to 100 guest
For the wedding ceremony, an officiator will conduct the ceremony. Extra decorations, seating, and live music available upon request for an additional charge.
2010-2011 Katzenzungen Castle Ceremony only package
- Katzenzungen Castle Rental Fee
- Ceremony Days - Any day of the week
- Legal Paperwork
- Directions for obtaining legal documents required from your home country
- Handling Swiss documents & applications & all fees and taxes
- Official translations when needed
- Civil or Religious Wedding arrangement
- English Speaking Ceremony Officiator/Priest
- Ceremony Blessing
- Detailed time plan for the wedding
- SwissSE Ceremony Planning
- Off site wedding organization up to 20 Hours
- All Swiss Taxes
- Commemorative Marriage Certificate
- Private and Personalize Wedding Webpage - "Client Login"
Price: 3,650.00 CHF | € 3,509.62 | $ 3,802.08 | £ 2,500.00
2014-2015 On Site Wedding Coordinator
On site wedding coordinator for 3 hours ( min )
- Pre-Wedding Meeting (1 Hour)
- Wedding Day presence at blessing ceremony (2 Hours)
Coordinator will also arrange:
- CD Ceremony Music at no extra charge
- Transportation in mid size car to and from ceremony venue
Each additional hour CHF 185
Price: 850.00 CHF | € 817.31 | $ 885.42 | £ 582.19
DISCOUNT for if you sign your paperwork at your home country
We have quite a few couples who do not want to go through the paperwork hassle preparation in home country for Switzerland, than come one day early and they only want to enjoy nice hassle-free ceremony we offer discount of CHF 500. Here is a recap why some couples do it:
- you dont have to travel to Swiss Embassy in your home country to place wedding application
- you dont have to arrive at least day before for pre-wedding paperwork check
- you dont have to pay the extra 1-2 hotel nights
- you dont have to go sign paperwork in the morning of the wedding or day before
Price: 500.00 CHF | € 480.77 | $ 520.83 | £ 342.47