Information about the legal paperwork in Prague, Czech Republic: documents to be provided, approximate cost and important information. The price is approximate and per person, your wedding coordinator will be able to confirm you the cost.
WHICH DOCUMENTS NEED TO BE PROVIDED TO GET MARRIED IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC ?
As a citizen of Hong-Kong you need following for your wedding in Prague:
1. BIRTH CERTIFICATE - ORIGINAL (certified documentation of your birth) with name, surname, date and place of birth and name of your parents WITH APOSTILLE ON IT
2. CERTIFICATE OF LEGAL CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO MARRIAGE. A certificate that shows there is no impediment preventing you from entering into marriage.This document has to include the nationality (citizenship), permanent address and marriage status. (if something is missing then a separate certificate will be requested) WITH APOSTILLE ON IT
3. READABLE COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT – NO APOSTILLE is required.
3a) NAME CHANGE – if your name has changed at some point in your life, ie. if your name and surname on all documents are not the same (birth certificate, no impediment, passport, divorce decree…), please enquire at your coordinator what additional documents you will need!
4. MARRIAGE REQUEST- Form to be filled. No apostille needed on this document.
5. if you are divorced – the valid judgment of the dissolution of the marriage, WITH APOSTILLE ON IT.
(Please note if your SURNAME on your divorce decree is different than the one in your passport, and in your no impediment document, you will be required a document stating that you changed your surname, for example: you are born BROWN, than you marry Mr.Smith, therefore on the divorce decree you are SMITH, but after divorce you take back your surname BROWN). Please ask your coordinator what document is required to “connect” both your surnames.)
6. if you are widowed – the death certificate of the deceased spouse, WITH APOSTILLE ON IT.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST HAVE AN APOSTILLE ON IT IF MENTIONED.
HOW MUCH DOES IT APPROXIMATELY COST?
Cost of the documents obtained in your country (birth certificate, no impediment to marry, apostilles) are carried by you.
Translation of a documents-set - for one person (Non- citizen), approx. 3 000 CZK
Translation of marriage certificate incl.stamp and apostille, approx. 800 CZK
Translations of Divorce Decree based on number of pages
For divorced: extra translation costs (per person, approx. 2000 CZK
Delivery of marriage certificate after the wedding via mail, approx. 175 CZK ( per person )
( cost of the mail is 350 for couple )
Visit of Immigration office – obtaining a document for register office, approx. 200 CZK
Meeting at the immigration office fee, approx. 1 800 CZK (per person)
Fast Delivery of marriage certificate after the wedding via DHL – please inquire with us
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE APPROXIMATE PRICE? (SAMPLE)
4300 CZK Town Hall Rental Fee
2000 CZK Interpretor Authorized by the government
600 CZK Organ Music
PragueWeddings fee – Legalities package incl. translations and office meetings 19950 CZK ( approx. 750Euro )
All the above makes our Old Town Hall Package:
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW IF YOU WORK WITH US?
You will email us your documents for the first check, then send them via mail or DHL to us. We will arrange official translations into Czech language, fill in all paperwork at the register office in Prague, application forms and make an appointment for you at the registrar office when you arrive.
After the marriage:
Our register office will issue an official marriage certificate for you, we will obtain necessary stamps and apostille, and official translation, so that the certificate is valid in your country. This takes up to 40 days after your wedding day, after that it will be mailed to you, or you can pick it up personally.
After you receive the marriage certificate from us, please register your statut change (and possible name change) at your local register office in your country.
WHEN AND HOW LONG YOU NEED TO BE IN PRAGUE FOR A LEGAL WEDDING?
Ceremony with legalities in Czech Republic for foreigners needs to be planned at least 3-4 months before your wedding day. The register office in Czech Republic requires your documents at least 4 weeks in advance, plus one week for translations into Czech, plus time it takes you to obtain documents in your home country.
If you wish to have your wedding with legalities, you have to fulfill requirements of the register office:
- For a civil ceremony in Old Town Hall, Prague. you can arrive only 2-3 days before your ceremony
- For weddings at most other venues, you have to arrive 1-6 months before your wedding day, to present your passports and your documents personally. This visit needs to be done on a Monday or Wednesday (register office public days)
- In case you do not want to or cannot arrive to Prague 1-6 months before your wedding, you have two options:
- Symbolic ceremony in Prague, doing your legal wedding /signatures/ at your home country
- You can get married legally and sign the paperwork in Prague, on a Monday or Wednesday before your wedding day (only couple days before your wedding day), at the register office, during a short (10 min) legal signature session. That day will be the day of your legal wedding. Your actual wedding (with guests, maybe a few days later) will be symbolic (no legal signatures), but there will not be any other difference to your ceremony.
To save time, energy and quite significant amount of money, you can decide to sign your legal paperwork in your home country, and have a symbolic ceremony in Czech Republic (link na video symbolic ceremony)
Contact our coordinators to know more- PragueWeddings.com:
phone: +420 777 218 480
Last update of the information on 25.06.2019